LCC and EPC Assessment
In order to use Tas for UK regulatory work, including Part L2 assessment and EPC certification,
you must first become certified by an accrediting body such as CIBSE. Details of the process are
CIBSE require each candidate to be assessed for competency in using Tas before they can be accredited
to use the software for Part L2 or EPC work. All candidates must:
- Attend up-to-date (2010) training for peforming Part L2 and EPC assessments using Tas.
- For more information, see the 3 day Tas Engineering training course
- Submit two Part L2/EPC projects to EDSL for assessment.
- These projects must be run in the latest version of Tas
- Each project will be assessed by EDSL at a charge of £250 + VAT per project.
- The models should be based on real buildings and must consist of 20-200 zones and a
combination of HVAC air-side configurations (i.e. the building cannot be 100% Naturally
Ventilated or treated entirely by fancoils).
- Candidates are required to submit their 3D Model (.T3D), Building Simulator source
file (.TBD) and UK Building Regulations studio project file (.TPLP) along with a letter
of declaration that the projects are their own work. These can be submitted as a ZIP file
using our contact form.
- Applicants will be advised on aspects of the work that may need bringing up to
standard and may be given one opportunity to correct minor errors in the
project and resubmit it within 30 days. If significant changes are required, or
the 30 days elapse, the applicant will be required to submit a new project and
will be charged for this as a separate assessment.