The complete dynamic building simulation package
Tas Engineering has a modular design, with dedicated programs serving a specific purpose, facilitating a methodical workflow.
For creating building models for simulation & performing daylight analysis.
For adding apertures, internal gains, constructions and performing a dynamic simulation
Collection of utilities and wizards make performing common tasks quick and easy.
The Building Simulator can be used to perform overheating analysis, calculate heating and cooling loads, calculate air flows and more.
For storing, viewing and exporting 2D and 3D hourly results
Fully customisable charts make it easy to present complex data clearly and identify trends
Powerful HVAC modeller for calculating actual energy consumption based on the demands predicted by the Building Simulator.
Component Based Plant Modeller
Add, delete, or edit individual components in the system. Create custom systems and save them for future use.
Editable Control Logic
Control component operation based on a wide range of parameters to accurately imitate real-life system behaviour.
Pre-built airside and waterside systems are available through the Systems Wizard, including 90.1 baseline systems.
Detailed Results and Report Generation
Interrogate the results in detail with graphs, tables, and psychrometric charts. Automatically generated reports give system setup details and sizing data.
Tas Engineering comes with a multitude of utilities that link together the various core aspects of the software to perform specific tasks.
Daylight Analysis Wizard:
- Equivalent First Zone
- Daylight Factors
- Vertical Sky Component
- Permanent Overshadowing
- Daylight Distribution
Percentage Mean Vote & Percentage People Dissatisfied Tool:
- Thermal comfort for free running buildings
- Import or Export geometry and building data between Tas and EnergyPlus via an IDF file
- Import data from a DOE-2 INP file
Cymap Systems tool:
- Import flow rates calculated by systems into the building simulator file for use by Cymap
BCA J2 Glazing:
- Test glazing designs against the Australian J2 Regulations
- Collate and manage Tas files for 90.1 projects
- Generate Baseline building geometry and lighting
UK Building Regulations 2010 Studio:
- L2a & EPCs
UK Building Regulations 2013 Studio:
- L2a & EPCs
- Perform parametric simulations
- Perform dynamic optimisation